mymoment.forumotion.com

This is the place to find your inner peace, clarity, inspiration or friends. This is a place to have my moment...

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Thanking God For All Things
Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:43 pm by afgriffin

» Eternal Happiness
Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:37 pm by afgriffin

» The Unchanging Law of Judgement
Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:10 pm by afgriffin

» He Wants You To Fly
Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:37 pm by afgriffin

» The Psalmist Gets the Blues
Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:20 pm by afgriffin

» June 18, 2010
Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:21 pm by afgriffin

» June 17, 2010
Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:36 pm by afgriffin

» June 15, 2010
Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:35 pm by afgriffin

» June 9, 2010
Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:00 pm by afgriffin

Share | 

March 29, 2010

Go down 
AuthorMessage
afgriffin

PostSubject: March 29, 2010   Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:29 pm

No Reservations Required

Excerpt from Luke 22:1-13

"The Teacher asks: Where is the guest room where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?" He will show you a large upper room, all furnished. Make preparations there. They left and found things just as Jesus had told them. So they prepared the Passover. (NIV)

Reflection by Kenneth L. Samuel

In January 2009, I had the honor of receiving tickets from my U.S. Congressional Representative to attend the Inauguration of President Barack Obama. Upon my arrival, I found the nation's capital in total gridlock. Streets were closed, traffic was at a standstill, hotels were booked to capacity and every restaurant in the city had a long waiting list.

On the great day of the Inauguration, after standing outside freezing at the Mall for five hours, a fraternity brother and I went on a quest to find a restaurant with less than an hour's wait time. We stumbled across an Italian bistro that would never have gotten my attention had I not been desperate. In that dark, obscure restaurant, over wine and pasta, we talked about what Obama's election meant for race relations in America, about the hope and possibilities of this American experiment in democracy. And we talked about our own personal dreams and professional ambitions. Neither our prized places at the Inauguration nor our invites to VIP functions around the city could match the special pride we felt and the powerful emotions we shared in that out-of-the-way restaurant. It was just about the only thing I did during that time that did not require a reservation, yet it was, for me, the most impactful.

In the hustle and bustle of Jerusalem's Passover Feast, Jesus directed Peter and John to prepare a place where Jesus could share the Passover meal with his disciples. Just Jesus and the disciples. Just the Master teaching his disciples how to serve and sacrifice in an intimate setting. Just an inter-personal communion with eternal consequences.

The disciples knew that the city of Jerusalem would not accommodate such a gathering, but they soon discovered that God had already prepared a host and a space and a table for them. No reservations required.

Prayer

Lord, we often worry about the many ways in which we are pushed out and pushed aside by the bustling busy-ness of life. Help us today to rest in the confidence that you will always open a door and provide space for us in the places where we really need to be. Amen.
Back to top Go down

March 29, 2010
Page 1 of 1