mymoment.onediscussion.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
mymoment.onediscussion.net

This is the place to find your inner peace, clarity, inspiration or friends. This is a place to have my moment...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Thanking God For All Things
June 3, 2010 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 3:43 pm by afgriffin

» Eternal Happiness
June 3, 2010 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 3:37 pm by afgriffin

» The Unchanging Law of Judgement
June 3, 2010 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 3:10 pm by afgriffin

» He Wants You To Fly
June 3, 2010 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 1:37 pm by afgriffin

» The Psalmist Gets the Blues
June 3, 2010 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:20 pm by afgriffin

» June 18, 2010
June 3, 2010 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:21 pm by afgriffin

» June 17, 2010
June 3, 2010 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:36 pm by afgriffin

» June 15, 2010
June 3, 2010 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:35 pm by afgriffin

» June 9, 2010
June 3, 2010 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 3:00 pm by afgriffin

June 3, 2010

Go down 
AuthorMessage
afgriffin

afgriffin

June 3, 2010 Empty
PostSubject: June 3, 2010   June 3, 2010 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 2:56 pm

Good Morning

Excerpt from Psalm 30 (KJV)

"I will extol thee, O Lord, for thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me. O Lord my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me. O Lord, thou has brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down in the pit. Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of [God], and give thanks at the remembrance of [God’s] holiness. For [God’s] anger endureth but a moment; in [God’s] favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."

Reflection by Kenneth L. Samuel

I think I’ve been hearing the refrain of Psalm 30:5 all of my life. I’ve heard it proclaimed with powerful conviction from the pulpit and I’ve heard it beautifully intoned in the melodies of gospel songs and anthems. There is perhaps no other Psalm that offers as much faithful hope and blessed assurance as this one: "weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."

I had always understood "morning" to be the daybreak that God sends after the nighttime of our misery and suffering. I believed that joy would surely come when daylight appeared, and we could finally see our way out of the trepidations and tribulations of the night. Then, late one night, I received a call, and when I answered the phone, the caller said to me "Good Morning." I looked over at the clock and it was 12:07 a.m. It suddenly dawned on me that morning comes to most of us not at daybreak, but at night.

And since joy comes in the morning, joy must come when we realize that our new day dawns at night. Joy comes when we understand and believe that dark times and dark situations cannot prevent the fulfillment of God’s promise and progress in our lives. Joy comes when we celebrate the fact that even in darkness, God is still moving us toward better days.

Though my daylight may not yet have appeared, I am now moved to joyfully pronounce to myself and to others: "Good Morning!"

Prayer
Dear Lord, even in the darkness of our circumstances, help us to realize that you have already brought us through the debacles and depressions of yesterday and days gone by. Now help us to find joy in knowing that the new day of our salvation has already begun. Amen.
Back to top Go down

June 3, 2010
Page 1 of 1