mymoment.onediscussion.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
mymoment.onediscussion.net

This is the place to find your inner peace, clarity, inspiration or friends. This is a place to have my moment...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Thanking God For All Things
Thanking God For All Things EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 3:43 pm by afgriffin

» Eternal Happiness
Thanking God For All Things EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 3:37 pm by afgriffin

» The Unchanging Law of Judgement
Thanking God For All Things EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 3:10 pm by afgriffin

» He Wants You To Fly
Thanking God For All Things EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 1:37 pm by afgriffin

» The Psalmist Gets the Blues
Thanking God For All Things EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:20 pm by afgriffin

» June 18, 2010
Thanking God For All Things EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:21 pm by afgriffin

» June 17, 2010
Thanking God For All Things EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:36 pm by afgriffin

» June 15, 2010
Thanking God For All Things EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:35 pm by afgriffin

» June 9, 2010
Thanking God For All Things EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 3:00 pm by afgriffin

Thanking God For All Things

Go down 
AuthorMessage
afgriffin

afgriffin

Thanking God For All Things Empty
PostSubject: Thanking God For All Things   Thanking God For All Things EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 3:43 pm

By Emily Riley

“So much of our praise to the Lord is limited to the moments when we have determined that what he has done is good: the times of physical healing, financial provision, improved circumstances, restored relationships, or solved problems. In these situations, we praise God for his faithfulness. But what does all of this communication miss? The fact is that God is active in every moment of our lives, and that he brings all things into our lives for our redemptive good.”-Paul David Tripp
<BLOCKQUOTE>
give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thes. 5:18 </BLOCKQUOTE>
This is really a challenging teaching if you apply it to all kinds of things that can happen in a day. But what a change in perspective when we do this! Instead of immediately grumbling, I have the choice to step out of the moment and see that God is using this “bad” thing to show me what is in my heart and to change me. When I remember, as Romans 8 says, that He is working in all things to conform me to the image of Jesus Christ, it puts trials in perspective. Then I can truly thank him for doing his work in my life.
<BLOCKQUOTE>
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28</BLOCKQUOTE>
How about you? Look past the sunshine and simple daily provisions and see God’s hand at work in every situation. What are some things that you can thank God for today?
[copyright, 2010, Emily Riley; A Sacrifice of Praise]
Back to top Go down

Thanking God For All Things
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
mymoment.onediscussion.net :: Devotionals :: Daily Devotionals-
Jump to: