mymoment.forumotion.com

This is the place to find your inner peace, clarity, inspiration or friends. This is a place to have my moment...

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Thanking God For All Things
Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:43 pm by afgriffin

» Eternal Happiness
Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:37 pm by afgriffin

» The Unchanging Law of Judgement
Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:10 pm by afgriffin

» He Wants You To Fly
Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:37 pm by afgriffin

» The Psalmist Gets the Blues
Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:20 pm by afgriffin

» June 18, 2010
Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:21 pm by afgriffin

» June 17, 2010
Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:36 pm by afgriffin

» June 15, 2010
Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:35 pm by afgriffin

» June 9, 2010
Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:00 pm by afgriffin

Share | 

November 10, 2009

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jeri

PostSubject: Life by Mother Teresa   Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:18 am

Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is a beauty, admire it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, DARE IT!!!
Back to top Go down
Jeri

PostSubject: Psalm 32:8   Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:03 pm

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye"

Insight: Sometimes we get so caught up planning our own lives that we forget God is more than willing to instruct us on what we need to do. God's focus has always been on us and more often than not, we forget to consult him on all the issues we are dealing with when in fact, it is his guidance we need most of all. Take time each day to reflect on the matters you need to bring into his presence. There in the silence you will hear his guidance. Try it!!

Lord, help me to remember you are there to instruct and guide me. Let me remember the benefits of giving my life to you. Thank you for being my God and loving me unconditionally. Amen!!
Back to top Go down
afgriffin

PostSubject: November 10, 2009   Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:43 pm

Daily Word — Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Inner Peace

I am grateful for life. I am at peace.
Life is the energy of God flowing through me, invigorating my body and illuminating my mind. Life is the confident, creative, resilient spirit that expresses through me in all that I am and all that I do.

I give thanks for the aliveness in me. I am grateful for wholeness, for my body's ability to work and rest, and for the Christ Spirit active within me. I appreciate my mind and my mind's ability to think and create.

In any challenging situation, I turn my attention to God, my source of inner peace and serenity. Attuned to God's loving presence, I am shown the way of clarity, insight and right action. Relying on my inner source of life to meet my every need, I am richly blessed and at peace.

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts ... and be thankful.--Colossians 3:15

Last edited by afgriffin on Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
afgriffin

PostSubject: Re: November 10, 2009   Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:46 pm

For me, the last paragraph is an important reminder for my day to day. I need to take a moment in "those" times and focus my attention to God. I need to be proactive and only reactive to God.
Back to top Go down
afgriffin

PostSubject: Daily Devotional - Joyce Meyer, New Day New You   Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:23 pm

November 10
O our God, will You not exercise judgment upon them? For we have no might to stand against this great company that is coming against us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon You.
2 Chronicles 20:12

Here Jehoshaphat admits to God openly his total inability to deal with the problem. For years I tried very hard to change myself without success. I tried so hard and so long to break bad habits only to fail time and time again. I tried to alter different things in my life, to get prosperity, to make my ministry grow, and to be healed. I remember wanting to give up simply because I was so exhausted from trying to fight my own battles. I went through all that on a regular basis until one day I was being really kind of melodramatic about it, trying to impress God with how miserable I was. I said something like, "God, I've had it. This is it. I'm through. Nothing I'm doing is working. I give up. I'm not going to do this anymore."

Just then, deep inside me, I heard the Holy Spirit say, "Really?" There was real excitement in His voice. That happens because the only time He gets to work in us is when we become so exhausted that we finally decide, "Instead of trying to do this myself, I'm going to give up and let God be God." Trying to be God will wear you out fast. Why not give up your own effort and do what Jehoshaphat did in verse 12? Admit to God that you have no might to stand against your enemies and that you don't know what to do, but you are looking to Him for direction and deliverance.

From the book New Day, New You: 365 Devotions for Enjoying Everyday Life by Joyce Meyer. Copyright ©️ 2007 by Joyce Meyer. Published by FaithWords. All rights reserved.

Back to top Go down
afgriffin

PostSubject: Re: November 10, 2009   Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:28 pm

In reference to the last paragraph in the Joyce Meyer's devotional, I know the Holy Spirit has responded with "Really?" numerous times to my fustrations. Important note: You may need or want whatever now, but it is not up to you...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 10, 2009   

Back to top Go down

November 10, 2009
Page 1 of 1