mymoment.forumotion.com

This is the place to find your inner peace, clarity, inspiration or friends. This is a place to have my moment...

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Thanking God For All Things
Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:43 pm by afgriffin

» Eternal Happiness
Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:37 pm by afgriffin

» The Unchanging Law of Judgement
Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:10 pm by afgriffin

» He Wants You To Fly
Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:37 pm by afgriffin

» The Psalmist Gets the Blues
Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:20 pm by afgriffin

» June 18, 2010
Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:21 pm by afgriffin

» June 17, 2010
Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:36 pm by afgriffin

» June 15, 2010
Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:35 pm by afgriffin

» June 9, 2010
Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:00 pm by afgriffin

Share | 

November 25, 2009

Go down 
AuthorMessage
afgriffin

PostSubject: November 25, 2009   Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:07 pm

Giving Thanks
Joyce Meyer, Daily Devotionals - November 25
Jesus lifted up His eyes and said, Father, I thank You that You have heard Me.
— John 11:41

Here we see a good example of Jesus giving thanks to God. When you pray, I encourage you to end your prayer, as Jesus did here, by saying, "Father, I thank You that You have heard me." One reason I encourage you to do that is because, as John tells us, when we know that God has heard us, we know that He has granted us our requests (See 1 John 5:14-15). The devil wants you and me to pray and then go off wondering whether God has heard us and is willing to grant us what we have asked. The way we overcome that doubt is by lifting up the voice of thanksgiving (See Psalm 26:7 and Jonah 2:9).

From the book New Day, New You: 365 Devotions for Enjoying Everyday Life by Joyce Meyer. Copyright ©️ 2007 by Joyce Meyer. Published by FaithWords. All rights reserved.
Back to top Go down
afgriffin

PostSubject: Re: November 25, 2009   Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:09 pm

When I Need Answers, I Can Have Peace in God
By Hariette on NOVEMBER 25, 2009

Sometimes it is hard to live without answers. We want to know why so badly, we cry out to God in anguish. But it is not always in God’s plan to unveil the mystery of pain and difficulty. Sometimes it is the very foggy mist of the unknown before us that is meant to strengthen our faith.

Have you not had times like that? when you look back on a situation and realize there is no way you could have walked that path alone? I have. I find in the cloudy space of silence, when no answers are forthcoming, that I must trust more on God than in the brighter paths of understanding. I learn to listen more closely for His still small voice. I learn to seek more diligently His guiding hand to draw me through the shadows. I learn to trust more assertively the sufficiency of God’s grace to keep me till I’ve learned the truth His Spirit wants to reveal. And sometimes I learn to walk through the mist of uncertainty without ever learning why I’ve walked where I have walked.

“Lord, my heart is not haughty, nor my eyes lofty; neither do I exercise myself in matters too great or in things too wonderful for me. Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul; like a weaned child with his mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me [ceased from fretting]. O Israel, hope in the Lord from this time forth and forever.” Psalm 131

A weaned child is satisfied. A weaned child is content. A weaned child no longer demands, nor does he fret; he does not wonder where his next meal will come from. He simply rests in the comfort of a mother’s arms. A child of God does not need to have answers to all the mysteries of God. A child accepts that which the Father sees fit to show him for that time, then trusts Him for what lies ahead.

©️ Hariette Petersen, SelahV Today, 2009
Back to top Go down

November 25, 2009
Page 1 of 1