mymoment.forumotion.com

This is the place to find your inner peace, clarity, inspiration or friends. This is a place to have my moment...

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Thanking God For All Things
Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:43 pm by afgriffin

» Eternal Happiness
Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:37 pm by afgriffin

» The Unchanging Law of Judgement
Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:10 pm by afgriffin

» He Wants You To Fly
Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:37 pm by afgriffin

» The Psalmist Gets the Blues
Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:20 pm by afgriffin

» June 18, 2010
Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:21 pm by afgriffin

» June 17, 2010
Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:36 pm by afgriffin

» June 15, 2010
Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:35 pm by afgriffin

» June 9, 2010
Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:00 pm by afgriffin

Share | 

December 7, 2009

Go down 
AuthorMessage
afgriffin

PostSubject: December 7, 2009   Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:00 pm

Our Daily Bread

In Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. —Psalm 16:11

Oswald Chambers once wrote: “It is not God’s promises we need, it is [God] Himself.”

At Christmastime we often say, “God’s presence is more important than presents.” But the amount of time and effort we spend on shopping for gifts may indicate otherwise.

In certain parts of the world, people give gifts on December 6. By doing so, they have the rest of the month to focus on Jesus and the wonder of His birth, God’s perfect gift to us.

When we say we want God’s presence more than presents from others, perhaps we’re being truthful. But how many of us can honestly say that we want God’s presence more than His presents?

Often we want gifts from God more than we want God Himself. We want health, wealth, knowledge, a better job, a better place to live. God may indeed want to give us these things, but we can’t have them apart from Him. As David said, “In

Your presence is fullness of joy” (Ps. 16:11). Presents may make us happy for a time; earthly gifts from God may make us happy temporarily, but fullness of joy comes only when we remain in a right relationship with God.

So, what would Christmas be like if we truly celebrated God’s presence? — Julie Ackerman Link

Lord, we want to remember You and Your coming in special ways this Christmas. Give us creativity and thoughtfulness in our planning. Help us to focus on Your presence and not on what we hope to give or receive.
God’s presence with us is one of His greatest presents to us.
Back to top Go down
afgriffin

PostSubject: Re: December 7, 2009   Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:01 pm

Today's Daily Word - Monday, December 7, 2009

Admiration

With prayer as my practice and Spirit as my guide, I respond to life in mindful ways.
I admire those who have acted courageously and honorably under difficult circumstances, and I am thankful for all those whose lives have made a difference in the world and in my life.

My admiration for others reminds me to act wisely and courageously when faced with a challenge. I, too, can be of service to those unable to help themselves or those who need encouragement. With prayer as my practice and Spirit as my guide, I know what to do and how to respond in mindful, effective ways.

I honor every life given in service to others, and I honor every life lived in alignment with the guidance of Spirit. To everyone who has acted selflessly, I say, "Thank you!"

Respect those who labor among you ... esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Be at peace among yourselves.–1 Thessalonians 5:12-13
Back to top Go down

December 7, 2009
Page 1 of 1