mymoment.onediscussion.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
mymoment.onediscussion.net

This is the place to find your inner peace, clarity, inspiration or friends. This is a place to have my moment...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Thanking God For All Things
November 5, 2009 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 3:43 pm by afgriffin

» Eternal Happiness
November 5, 2009 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 3:37 pm by afgriffin

» The Unchanging Law of Judgement
November 5, 2009 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 3:10 pm by afgriffin

» He Wants You To Fly
November 5, 2009 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 1:37 pm by afgriffin

» The Psalmist Gets the Blues
November 5, 2009 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:20 pm by afgriffin

» June 18, 2010
November 5, 2009 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:21 pm by afgriffin

» June 17, 2010
November 5, 2009 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:36 pm by afgriffin

» June 15, 2010
November 5, 2009 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:35 pm by afgriffin

» June 9, 2010
November 5, 2009 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 3:00 pm by afgriffin

November 5, 2009

Go down 
2 posters

Do you have inner peace?
Yes
November 5, 2009 Vote_lcap150%November 5, 2009 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
No
November 5, 2009 Vote_lcap10%November 5, 2009 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Sometimes
November 5, 2009 Vote_lcap150%November 5, 2009 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
afgriffin

afgriffin

November 5, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: November 5, 2009   November 5, 2009 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:47 pm

Do you have inner peace?

Inner peace
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Inner peace (or peace of mind) refers to a state of being mentally and spiritually at peace, with enough knowledge and understanding to keep oneself strong in the face of discord or stress. Being "at peace" is considered by many to be healthy (homeostasis) and the opposite of being stressed or anxious. Peace of mind, serenity, and calmness are descriptions of a disposition free from the effects of stress.
In some cultures, inner peace is considered a state of consciousness or enlightenment that may be cultivated by various forms of training, such as prayer or meditation. Many spiritual practices refer to this peace as an experience of knowing oneself.

Do you have inner peace?
Back to top Go down
afgriffin

afgriffin

November 5, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: I magnify God's good in my life   November 5, 2009 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:53 pm

Whatever I focus my thoughts on increases. This is true for all things, wanted and unwanted. Thinking fearful thoughts increases my fear. Focusing on what I love enhances my experience of love.

I magnify all manifestations of good by focusing my thoughts on God. Appreciation is a God-given power tool that magnifies the good in my life. Any time during the day, I can use this tool to reenergize my body, mind and spirit. I appreciate the vitality that flows through my body. I value the clarity of my thoughts and memory. I appreciate the ever-present love of God that lifts my spirits. I am grateful for my ability to magnify God's good in my life.

O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together.--Psalm 34:3

-Daily Word
Back to top Go down
afgriffin

afgriffin

November 5, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Someone Out There   November 5, 2009 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 5:25 pm

Acts 12:6-19
The very night before Herod was going to bring him out, Peter, bound with two chains, was sleeping between two soldiers, while guards in front of the door were keeping watch over the prison. Suddenly an angel of the Lord appeared and a light shone in the cell. He tapped Peter on the side and woke him, saying, “Get up quickly.” And the chains fell off his wrists. The angel said to him, “Fasten your belt and put on your sandals.” He did so. Then he said to him, “Wrap your cloak around you and follow me.” Peter went out and followed him; he did not realize that what was happening with the angel’s help was real; he thought he was seeing a vision. After they had passed the first and the second guard, they came before the iron gate leading into the city. It opened for them of its own accord, and they went outside and walked along a lane, when suddenly the angel left him. Then Peter came to himself and said, “Now I am sure that the Lord has sent his angel and rescued me from the hands of Herod and from all that the Jewish people were expecting.” As soon as he realized this, he went to the house of Mary, the mother of John whose other name was Mark, where many had gathered and were praying. When he knocked at the outer gate, a maid named Rhoda came to answer. On recognizing Peter’s voice, she was so overjoyed that, instead of opening the gate, she ran in and announced that Peter was standing at the gate. They said to her, “You are out of your mind!” But she insisted that it was so. They said, “It is his angel.” Meanwhile Peter continued knocking; and when they opened the gate, they saw him and were amazed. He motioned to them with his hand to be silent, and described for them how the Lord had brought him out of the prison. And he added, “Tell this to James and to the believers.” Then he left and went to another place. When morning came, there was no small commotion among the soldiers over what had become of Peter. When Herod had searched for him and could not find him, he examined the guards and ordered them to be put to death. Then Peter went down from Judea to Caesarea and stayed there.

Reflection by Felix Carrion
Who led Peter out of prison? The text says, “An angel.”
I’ve heard people say that some relative, some friend, some pastor, some child, some stranger, someone out there, was “an angel” to them. What I understand them to mean is that this person was sent to them in that precise moment when they were most needed. Out of nowhere, and with no prompting from the person they reached out to, they appeared or called or sent a book or wrote a letter or prayed a powerful prayer.
In that hour of need, and in their appearing, they were no longer just a relative, friend, pastor, child, stranger, or someone out there; they were an angel and their deed was indeed miraculous. (I recall many years ago, in the middle of a sorrowful night, while prayerful tears fell from my eyes, in search of a sign from God, my youngest son called out, “I love you, Dad,” and fell right back to sleep.)
An angel is a messenger, sent by God, with a message. They point us in the right direction; they shine a light; they make clear the unclear; they open a door; they break chains; they move us from bondage into freedom’s path.
All kinds of people can and have done exactly these things at God’s prompting. So, today be an angel. Or, at least, go ahead and recognize the one that was sent to you (recently or a long time ago). And, be assured -- this is real!

Prayer
O God, you make me smile, how you come to me. Amen.
Back to top Go down
Jeri

November 5, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Who do I represent today?   November 5, 2009 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 8:07 am

Every morning before I get out of bed I always try to remember who I will serve.
Will it be the Lord or myself? If it is me then nothing good could ever come from that, but if I choose the Lord then I shall not want for anything because his grace will always be sufficient. I will always choose to magnify God's good in my life.
Back to top Go down
Jeri

November 5, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Reply   November 5, 2009 EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 1:38 am

I have inner peace because I have a relationship with my soul. This soul consist of the essence of God. Remember the bible says that the kingdom of God is found inside of us so when we are in the midst of chaos, we only need to be still, to focus on the lord and receive his peace...--JD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

November 5, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 5, 2009   November 5, 2009 Empty

Back to top Go down

November 5, 2009
Page 1 of 1