mymoment.onediscussion.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
mymoment.onediscussion.net

This is the place to find your inner peace, clarity, inspiration or friends. This is a place to have my moment...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Thanking God For All Things
January 12, 2009 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 3:43 pm by afgriffin

» Eternal Happiness
January 12, 2009 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 3:37 pm by afgriffin

» The Unchanging Law of Judgement
January 12, 2009 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 3:10 pm by afgriffin

» He Wants You To Fly
January 12, 2009 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 1:37 pm by afgriffin

» The Psalmist Gets the Blues
January 12, 2009 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:20 pm by afgriffin

» June 18, 2010
January 12, 2009 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:21 pm by afgriffin

» June 17, 2010
January 12, 2009 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:36 pm by afgriffin

» June 15, 2010
January 12, 2009 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:35 pm by afgriffin

» June 9, 2010
January 12, 2009 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 3:00 pm by afgriffin

January 12, 2009

Go down 
AuthorMessage
afgriffin

afgriffin

January 12, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: January 12, 2009   January 12, 2009 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 2:28 pm

Satan’s Strongholds
Joyce Meyer, Daily Devotionals

January 12

For the weapons of our warfare are not physical [weapons of flesh and blood], but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds.
— 2 Corinthians 10:4

A stronghold is an area in which we are held in bondage—any part of our lives in which Satan imprisons us. He does this by causing us to think a certain way—a way that is based on lies we have been told. As long as we believe things that are not true, we will remain imprisoned by those strongholds. To enjoy freedom, we must learn to use God’s mighty weapons.

In my book Battlefield of the Mind, I referred to Mary, who had been mistreated and brainwashed by her father, and by the time she was a teen, she didn’t trust men. It’s no wonder that she and her husband faced many conflicts in their marriage. For years, Satan had lied to her and she believed the lies.

Mary isn’t one isolated case. I know a man named Daniel, who is quite intelligent. In fact, his family used to tell him he was the smartest man in town. God had given him a good mind, but Satan used that fact to imprison him. Until he met Jesus Christ, Daniel believed he was smarter than and superior to everyone else.

Because of his pride, it was easy for him to be deceived and think more highly of himself than he should. He became critical and judgmental of others who he felt were not as brilliant as he believed he was.

Patricia was somewhat like Mary, except that her father constantly told her she was no good; that she was worthless and should marry the first man who would have her. That’s exactly what she did, and she lived a miserable life. She felt she was never good enough for anyone.

Mary, Daniel, and Patricia had been trapped in different prisons, but Satan was the jail keeper. All three lived miserable lives until they learned what Paul meant by “the weapons of our warfare.” The Word of God is the weapon that set them free. That weapon became effective through preaching, teaching, books, tapes, seminars, small Bible study groups, and their own private studies.

They also learned to turn to other spiritual weapons such as praise and prayer. They learned that when we genuinely praise God from our hearts, we defeat the devil quicker than by using any other battle plan.

They didn’t overcome every problem the first day—it was a slow process, but it was worth the wait. Patricia later said, “It took a lot of years for me to become imprisoned through the lies of Satan, so why not give God plenty of time to work His good plan into my life?” Our victory is not a one-time, big event—it is a process.

“The more I realized how badly Satan played with my mind,” Daniel said, “the more I could stand against him. The truth of God’s Word made me free.”

Praise and prayer are great weapons that God’s people should use in overcoming the power of the evil one. Praise helps us keep our minds on God, His power, and the good things that are taking place in our lives. It is proof that we believe He can and will help us.

True prayer reflects a relationship with God and shows that we depend on Him. We are His children, and He is our Father. When we pray, we open the door for God’s help. We ask Him to free our minds and give us victory over Satan’s strongholds.

God answers those prayers. In fact, God is more eager to answer our prayers for help than we are to ask. Think of prayer this way: when we pray in faith, tremendous power is made available to us.

As we truly understand that we are God’s children, we will gain confidence to use the weapons of our warfare. The weapons are there. We just need instruction on how to use them and encouragement not to give up. Jesus has promised to be with us always (see Matthew 28:20).

We can win with our weapons because they are spiritual weapons. The devil fights a carnal, fleshly warfare, but we can win because we have the power of God on our side.

Pray this...

Precious Holy Spirit, teach me to understand that the weapons of our warfare are spiritual and that we can win against every attack of the devil. In Christ’s name, I pray. Amen.

From the book Battlefield of the Mind: 100 Insights That Will Change the Way You Think by Joyce Meyer. Copyright ©️ 2005 by Joyce Meyer. Published by FaithWords. All rights reserved.
Back to top Go down

January 12, 2009
Page 1 of 1